YouTube has a secret ‘Dark Mode’ – this is how you activate it
As discovered by one resourceful Redditor, the secret mode appears to be available solely on the latest reiteration of Chrome (version 57 and above) – and once enabled, it seems to automatically apply to to the remainder of the website, including the homepage and the dedicated channel pages.
Here’s how you can activate it:
– Open the Chrome developer tools tab.
– Windows users can do this by pressing Ctrl + Shift + I.
– Mac users can do this by pressing Option + Cmd + I.
– Select the Console tab.
– Once in Console, paste the following text: document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE”
– Hit enter.
– Close the developer tools tab and refresh the page. Just a little heads-up: YouTube might look slightly different – though still in white.
– Click the main settings menu in the top right and find the ‘Dark Mode’ section.
– Toggle ‘Dark Mode’ on and you’re settled.
Now head to YouTube and kill all the lights.[H/T Owen Williams]